Lemonade anyone

Where I grew up there weren't sidewalks, in fact most homes were found at the end of a mile long driveway, so having a lemonade stand was never a possibility. I really wanted my girls to get to experience this, but with a little more pizazz so we made them a custom lemonade stand!
My parents had an island on wheels in their old kitchen, the luckies just remodeled it so they gave us this awesome piece. We took this table and painted it pink. We cut pieces of plywood to fit in each of the openings and painted them with black chalkboard paint and screwed them in. Years ago my parents gave me this beautiful table that had fancy legs and other cute details. One day I stupidly left it out in the rain and the table, which was pretty old, fell apart. I could never bring myself to throw away these beautifully cut legs and pieces so I kept them. They were the perfect addition to our table! Julies only request was that we add a little open/closed sign.
We worked for a few nights and here it is:





Saturday will be the grand opening of J & J's Lemonade Stand! We ordered some adorable pink and black straws and matching bags (for the cookies). Julie has been working on pouring drinks and making change, and Daddy has been planning what artwork he will put on the chalkboards. We will update you with pics from the big event this weekend!