A little birdy told me you would be my Valentine


I love chocolate, and so does the rest of the family, so you know there will be pounds of chocolate exchanged February 14th at our house. But chocolate disappears (very quickly at our house) and we wanted to make sure that our loved ones had something left over to keep for some time. So we made some special keepsakes for everyone we love.

Birds were our theme this year, the girls and I painted bird houses for all of the adults. We lucked out and found the house on sale for just $1. We copied and attached a vintage bluebird valentine we found in Great Grandmas trunk to each of the houses. For the kids are hand crochet owls in their favorite colors!
Bird houses painted and glittered by the girls

The snuggly owls crochet for each of the kids


I found this vintage valentine in Great Grandmas trunk, it is perfect for the bird houses!